Training Dragon for SpeechLive
I use Philips SpeechLive in my Philips Dictation Recorder app on my smartphone. I want to train Dragon for my smartphone source, but when I try to adapt my training file, I get an error message.
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.x, 13
- Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2
- Windows 7, 8.x, 10
- Philips Dictation Recorder app
- Philips SpeechLive
- iPhone / Android
- SpeechExec Pro v8.x
Steps to Reproduce
1) Create a Dragon profile.
2) Add “Handheld or smartphone with recording application” as your dictation source. You may not see this option, depending on your version of Dragon. If so, choose “Transcription source.”
3) You will be prompted to read some text. Record a five minute training file into your Philips Dictation Recorder app.
4) Send it through SpeechLive.
5) Open SpeechExec Pro, locate the file in your SpeechLive “Finished” folder and drag it to your “Finished dictations” folder (under “Local Network”).
6) Copy the recording from your “Finished dictations” folder to your computer’s desktop.
7) In the Dragon “Calibration” window, click [Browse to locate file] and point to the recording on your desktop. Click [Next].
8) You will receive an error message: “The selected training file doesn’t contain enough speech data. Please make sure you have recorded at least 4 minutes of speech.”
The reason you are receiving this error is because, when using the Philips Dictation Recorder app with SpeechLive, your recordings get encoded in a format that Dragon can’t use.
1) Before copying the recording to your desktop, select it in SpeechExec Pro.
2) Click Edit > Convert in the SpeechExec Pro menu.
3) Choose “DS2” from the “Select Audio Format” window and click [OK].
4) Once the file is converted, copy it to your desktop and proceed with steps 7 and 8 above.
Source / Verification Date
Philips Technical Support, 10/2016