Question: What type of wireless technology is used in the NEW SpeechMike Air?
During product design, Wireless USB, WLAN, RF, WiFi & Bluetooth were all considered. Philips decided to go with Bluetooth 2.0 & 2.1.
They decided to go with Bluetooth for the followings reasons:
- Proven standard since > 10 years
- Approvals for CE, FCC, IC
- Tested highest connection reliability within the specified range
- Low power consumption
- Acceptable pricing
- Sufficient data transfer rate
- Highest security through encryption
- Hidden mode
Verification Source: Rob Johnson, Philips Product Manager