Due to a recent policy change by Apple, where they announced UDIDs are not authorized within iOS7, Philips Speech Processing Solutions triggered a new identifier for the Philips Dictation Recorder App. As a result, the Mobile Server also received an update. This new version automatically swaps the new identified which has 36 characters to the appropriate user based of the entered email address in the Mobile Server. In addition, the email field becomes mandatory in the new iPhone version 3.0.24. The guide below will walk you through the process of upgrading the Mobile Server to v2.1.17. Illustrated Screen Shots have been included for your convenience.
Important Note: Mobile Server clients must upgrade their Mobile Server prior to upgrading their Apple devices to iOS7.
STEP 1: Capture Current Information from upload.aspx and uploadtest.html. Before you do anything, make sure you know the correct username, password and download path configured in the upload documents.
STEP 2: Stop Mobile Server Service – Open the existing Philips SpeechExec Mobile Server and Stop the Service. Once stopped, close the Mobile Server.
STEP 3: Download Mobile Server v2.1.17 – The new Philips Mobile Server v2.1.17 can be downloaded from the eDist FTP site or through the Philips SPS Partner Portal. If needed, please contact your eDist Account Rep for login credentials.
STEP 4: Install .NET 4.0 – During the initial installation, the wizard will scan the computer for .NET 4.0 Framework. If found, the installation will continue. If not, a .NET Installer will automatically launch. Select [OK] to install .NET 4.0
1. Once available, simply double-click to begin the installation. You will be presented with the Philips SpeechExec Mobile Server 2.1.17 Setup Wizard. Select [NEXT] to continue.
2. A License Agreement will display, select [I accept the terms of the License Agreement] then select [NEXT] to continue.
3. You will be asked to select a Destination Folder, leave the defaults then choose [NEXT] to continue.
4. The Wizard will ask you if you to install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express. Deselect this option then select [INSTALL].
5. Once the installation is complete, you will be presented with a confirmation window, select [FINISH] to complete the installation of Mobile Server 2.1.17.
STEP 6: Replace Upload Scripts –
1. At this point, you’ll need to replace the old upload.aspx and uploadtest.html scripts with the new scripts, found in C:\Program Files (x86)\MobileServer. Once located, copy both files.
2. Navigate to the root directory and replace the old upload scripts with the new ones copied in the step above. If we configured the solution for you, you can find the old scripts in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mobile.
3. Open the new upload file with an editor like Notepad and update the username, password and path from Step 1.
4. Once updated, save your changes by going to File > Save. Once saved, close the upload file.
STEP 7: Test Configuration – You’re now ready to test your configuration settings to ensure everything working as designed. To test, have an audio file ready, open a Browser and enter your Server address as shown below. Note: your IP address will not be the same as the one shown below. For this configuration, we entered http://126.96.36.199/mobile/upload.aspx. Enter your username, password and attached a sample audio file. You should receive a Code 0 if configured properly.
STEP 8: Start Service within Mobile Server v2.1.17 – Once testing comes back with positive results, you’re ready to go live. In our last step, we will need to start the Service. To do so, open Mobile Server v2.1.17 and select [START].
Congratulations, that’s it. You are ready to continue sending dictations from your Smartphones and Tablets.