Question: I am unable to erase an audio file. What could be wrong?
The file may be locked.
Locking files is useful for protecting them from accidental editing or erasure. It is not possible to append, overwrite or insert index marks or other recordings into locked files. Locked files are not erased unless the memory card is formatted.
To unlock a file so that it can be deleted, do the following:
- Select the file, and then press the MENU button.
- Press the FF or REW button to select SUB MENU.
- Press the MENU button to advance to the sub menu.
- Press the FF or REW button until LOCK in begins to flash.
- Press the MENU button again.
- Press the FF or REW button to select OFF.
- Press the MENU button to set the selection.
- Press and hold the MENU button for one second or longer to exit the menu.
Verification Source: Olympus Website