Question: I want to clear my recorder of all loaded files. How do I format the recorder?
The recorder and memory card should be formatted only by using the internal FORMAT function found in the recorder’s Menu. Using a computer to format a card will render the card unusable in the DS-4000. The card will have to be formatted in the recorder to restore functionality.
To format the card in the DS-4000, do the following:
- Press and hold the MENU button for one second or longer.
- Press the FF or REW button until SUB MENU is displayed on the LCD.
- Press MENU to enter the submenu.
- Press the FF or REW button until FORMAT flashes on the display.
- Press the MENU button to select FORMAT.
- Press the FF or REW button to highlight the START option.
- Press MENU to select FORMAT. The recorder will display a message stating that all data on the card will be cleared, and then it will prompt for confirmation to continue the FORMAT operation.
- Press the FF or REW button to highlight START a second time.
- Press the MENU button to confirm START selection and format the card.
Verification Source: Olympus Website