Is Philips® SpeechExec Pro version 8.7 SR1 (Build 875) supported on either Windows® XP or Vista?
No, but it has been tested and seems to work with little or no issues on Windows Vista. However, SEP v8.7 will not even install on Windows XP.
These are the officially supported operating systems for SEP 8.7 SR1:
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Starting with Windows 8, only Enterprise and Professional editions are supported. Other Windows editions (for example, Windows 8.1 Home Basic and Home Premium) are not supported.
- It is recommended to have the latest available Service Pack installed on the operating system.
- SpeechExec will not operate on Windows systems, which do not have Windows Media Player installed (“N” and “KN” versions). In this case, Windows Media Player has to be installed manually before SpeechExec installation.
- Under Windows 7, to make roaming profile setting modifications or to change the Dragon NaturallySpeaking user profile setting from local to roaming and from roaming to local, administrator account is needed.
- SpeechExec also requires Microsoft® .NET 4.0 Framework installed. If the operating system does not have it, it will be installed automatically during SpeechExec installation.
- For the automatic installation of Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework, start the SpeechExec installation by launching the setup.exe. Depending on the PC, installing Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework may take some time.
- The Speech recognition features (online and offline) require Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional/Legal 12.5/13 or Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 to be installed on the computer. Dragon Home, Dragon Premium and their predecessor products are not supported with SpeechExec
Verification Source: CertifiedeSupport.com
Test Date: 02-02-16