Problem: When you start Dragon, whilst loading the profile you get the following error:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program C:Program …
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.
Solution: Fix your corrupted profile
This fix can help troubleshoot problems with loading Dragon NaturallySpeaking related to a corrupt profile.
- Make sure that Dragon Naturally Speaking is closed first.
- Press the Windows Key + R to bring up the Run box.
- Type: %AllUsersProfile% and press Enter.
- Windows XP Users: Go to Application Data -> Nuance, then open the NaturallySpeaking folder and go to the Users folder.
Windows Vista or above: Go to the Nuance folder, then open the NaturallySpeaking folder and go to the Users folder.
- Now, go into the folder which is your Dragon username.
- Rename the ‘current’ folder to ‘corrupt’.
- Rename the ‘backup’ folder to ‘current’.
- Open up Dragon and wait for it to load.
- On the Dragon Bar click NaturallySpeaking -> Manage Users.
- Click on your name and then click Advanced -> Backup to create a new backup and wait for it to finish.
- You may now delete the ‘corrupt’ folder.
(Note any references to folders called Nuance, may be called ScanSoft if using an older version)
Verification Source: Microlink Fix-KB & In-house testing
Test Date: 9.22.11