Removing a Dragon Microphone
Starting with Dragon version 13, Nuance changed the way that you remove audio sources (microphones, etc.) from your profile. You can’t go through the Open User Profile window to do this anymore.
This change applies only to the Dragon for Windows software below:
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking v13 – all editions
- Dragon Individual v14 – all editions
- Dragon Group v14 – all editions
- Dragon Individual v15 – all editions
There is a new procedure for removing audio sources. Please follow the steps below.
Note: You must have the source you want to remove plugged in.
1) Open your user profile and click on Profile.
2) Select Manage Dictation Sources.
3) Choose the microphone/audio source you want to delete and click the [Select] button.
4) Once the microphone has loaded, click the [Audio] button.
5) Click “Reset Audio Calibration.”
6) You’ll see a warning screen. Click the [Yes] button.
7) Dragon will prompt you to check your microphone (as if it were a new source). Click [Cancel].
8) Open the Manage Dictation Sources window (step 2). The microphone that you reset should be gone.
Source and Verification Date
Nuance documentation, 02/2015