Question: Why do I get, ‘Error 1722 – Dragon NaturallySpeaking fails to install’?
When installing Dragon NaturallySpeaking, the following error may appear:
Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.”
Please use the following steps to disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) in order to install Dragon NaturallySpeaking:
- Click on the Windows Start Menu, then open the Control Panel.
- Click “Classic View”.
- Double-click “System”. On Windows Vista, click on “Advanced System Settings” in the “System” window.
- On the “System Properties” dialog box, click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Click theSettings” button in thePerformance” section.
- Click theData Execution Prevention” tab.
- Click onTurn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only”.
- ClickOK” to apply the changes, then reboot the system.
- Install Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
Verification source: Nuance Knowledge base. TechNote Number: 5784