Philips SpeechExec Enterprise v4.5 | The Power of Productivity
By: JOSHUA STEWART
One of my favorite quotes is “If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail” because it represents the importance of selecting the right tool for the job. In this case, the job is document creation and workflow management and the tool is Philips SpeechExec Enterprise v4.5.
Philips Speech Processing Solutions (SPS) continues to set new standards within the voice processing industry. Earlier this year, they introduced the Philips SpeechMike Premium, a high-quality programmable USB microphone, followed by the Philips Digital Pocket Memo 8000 Series, a digital dictation recorder with 3D microphone technology. Answering the demand from professional clients, the SPS team provides productivity on the go via Philips Recorder for Smartphones. No matter what Smartphone you are using Philips provides an easy to use interface to capture dictations, edit, insert or include photos for a complete workflow option. To close out the year with a grand slam, SPS brings us SpeechExec Enterprise v4.5.
Now in its 4th generation, SpeechExec Enterprise is becoming THE solution for professional organizations needing a reliable dictation management system that can be easily centrally managed. The release of version 4.5 validates that this isn’t your typical software update, its confirmation that the SPS team can provide a solid platform while executing feature change requests received by its users. This is apparent by the 46 change requests implemented along with the 86 bug fixes available in this new release. Impressive but the highlight of this release is the Top 9 new features.
- Pocket Memo 8000 Series Support – New DPM Settings in addition to the new DPM Wizard enable users to tailor the device to their specific needs. New Workflow Delivery options provide new automated routing schemes.
- SpeechMike Premium Support – Removes the limitations found in previous editions by allowing users to take full advantage of the speech recognition integration capabilities.
- Configurable SpeechMike buttons for speech recognition – This is great news for us Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2 and Dragon® NaturallySpeaking users as the SpeechMike Premium can be set to launch Dragon® Hot Keys or launch your own custom commands.
- Improved Start-up Speed – Users will notice an immediate improvement because the start-up process was redesigned to pre-load the dictation files.
- Further Enhanced Speech Recognition Support – Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 & Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.5 support along with the speed and stability enhancements provide a better out-of-box experience for speech recognition users.
- Enhanced Configuration and Usability – New Search and Take Over Dictation features with additional toolbar customization options make it easier to find what you’re looking while keeping the interface look the way you like it.
- Windows 8 Support – Windows 8 PROFESSIONAL 32-bit & 64-bit are now supported.
- Windows Server 2012 Support – Windows Server 2012 is now supported.
- New Generation 12 (G12) Citrix & WTS Extensions –G12 extensions provide support for users with a Pocket Memo 8000 and/or SpeechMike Premium within a Citrix or Windows Terminal Services environment.
I’ve had the pleasure of evaluating this software for the last few months. I found the upgrade process to be a breeze and immediately noticed the advantages of version 4.5. I recommend that you upgrade your existing version at your earliest convenience. Overall, SpeechExec Enterprise version 4.5 is faster, more stable, easier to use and supports the latest Server and Operating Systems.
CLICK HERE to access the SpeechExec Enterprise v4.5 Partner Release Announcement for full details about this release.