The Olympus LS-7 is the third member in the Olympus Linear PCM recorder line. The LS-7 is the smallest of the LS series but don’t let the size fool you, its recording quality matches that of the larger models. As a matter of fact, the compact size is making the LS-7 a favorite among those looking for a Linear PCM recorder. The record quality of this device is better than that you would find on a CD and is considered studio-grade quality.
Other than its size, what sets this device apart from the other Linear PCM recorders is the 3 microphone system, which is made up two Stereo Condenser microphones along with a third Center Omni-Directional microphone, which was added to pick up the lower bass sounds. With this type of superior recording quality, you’ll want to record everything you can, so it’s a good thing this device has 4GB of internal memory and if that’s not enough, it has a microSD card slot which can hold up to a 32GB microSD card.
Similar to the other PCM models, the LS-7 comes equipped with Ni-MH rechargeable batteries, which can be charged through your computers USB port or with the Olympus A-514 AC Adapter.
This device is perfect for musicians, music enthusiast or those wanting to capture live sounds in studio quality, on a device weighing just 3.17 ounces. The included Olympus Sonority software will allow you to manage, store and share your live recordings.
Olympus LS-7 Key Features
- 3 Microphones – 2 Stereo Directional microphones and a Center Omni Directional microphone will capture superior sound with crystal clear clarity.
- 96 kHz – 24 bit Linear PCM Recording – Sound that’s better than what you hear on a compact disc (CD). Every nuance of every note is captures and played back with a rick and resonant quality.
- 4 GB Built-in Memory & microSD Card Slot – With 4GB of internal memory along with a microSD card slot allows you to expand your recording capacity up to 32GB.
- Multiple Recording Formats – Select from one of three available standard recording formats: PCM (WAV), MP3 or WMA. The availability of three compatible formats increases the versatility of decisive, on-the-spot audio recording.
- Compact Size – Weighing in at 3.17 ounces, this high-performance device can go just about anywhere
- Built-in Stereo Speakers – Two built-in 16mm round dynamic stereo speakers and the advanced playback engine provide a fully vibrant sound.
Olympus LS-7 Additional Features
- 23 Hours of battery life – For those all night recording sessions, the LS-7 can record for 23 straight hours before recharging, which offers the perfect balance of performance and durability. Recharge the batteries through a USB port or through the Olympus A-514 AC Adapter.
- microSD Card Compatibility – An extra 32 GB of memory is available with a microSD card. Move files easily between internal and external memory.
- Adjust Your Levels on the Fly – Recording preference can be fine-tuned with a Level function that’s clearly displayed, along with a PEAK indicator, on the recorders LCD.
- Find Your Place with Index Marks – Create Index marks during recording or playback in PCM mode to instantly locate specific portions of the recording that you want to hear.
- Do More with Voice Synchronization – A voice synchronization function enables automatic recording when sounds are detected at a pre-set level. There’s an auto-stop feature as well.
- Trim Your Files – With the File Edit function, you can partially cut or divide your files.
- Voice Guidance – A built-in assistive technology feature that verbally assist users in operating the device without looking at the display.
- File Management – Easily store, manage and share your files with the Olympus Sonority software.
- Low Cut Filter – Eliminate air conditioner and other ambient noises while recording.
- Olympus LS-7 Linear PCM Recorder
- (2) AAA Ni-MH Rechargeable Batteries
- Carrying Case
- Hand Strap
- USB Cable Wind Screen
- Olympus Sonority Software
- LS-7 User Manual