The OLYMPUS DM-620 digital voice recorder is a prime example of a manufacturer responding to the reviews and feedback received from its customers. Many of us have heard the axiom “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it“. Our friends at Olympus choose to ignore the popular saying and decided to go above and beyond with this new model.
Although its predecessor, the DM-520 was a great device and proved to be a strong contender in its market, there was room for improvement. In this case, improvement was given a name, and that name is the Olympus DM-620. Completely redesigned, the DM-620 will likely be a favorite for consumers looking for a high-quality, light weight digital recorder.
Why all the hype? Well, for starters, the DM-620 has a three microphone system called “TRESMIC”, which offers ultra-quality sound with a wider recording range. Don’t worry about running out of recording space as the DM-620 is a hybrid media recorder with 4GB of internal memory along with a microSD card slot, offering unlimited recording capability.
In addition to changing the color to Metallic Silver, Olympus also improved the ergonomics by enlarging the display and moving all of the buttons to the front of the device for easier operation. The LCD is now 1.69 inches, compared to the DM-520’s 1.57inch LCD. The enhancements didn’t stop there; the battery cover is now Non-removable and two function buttons were added. Last but certainly not least, the DM-620 now has offers multiple language display for English, French, Spanish or Portuguese speaking users.
Olympus DM-620 Key Features
- TRESMIC – 3 microphone system with a stereo directional condenser and a center omni-directional microphone giving users the ability to capture lower bass ranges with stunning clarity.
- 4GB of Internal Memory – With more than 1000 hours of recording time, you’ll be able to easily capture notes, lectures and much more without running out of memory.
- Flexible – Also featuring a removable microSD media card slot to further expand the recording capacity up to 32GB. During a busy day of recording, changing optional microSD cards is an easy way for users to capture more audio without taking the time to download files to a computer.
- PCM (WAV), MP3 and WMA Recording – Record and play back in all three of the standard high-function formats: PCM (WAV) MP3 and WMA.
- Long Lasting Power with Rechargeable Battery Function – The DM-620 can operate for up to 46 hours with the two included rechargeable AAA Ni-MH batteries that recharge by plugging in the USB port on any computer for added convenience. In situations where a charge is not available, it is also possible to power these audio devices using standard AAA alkaline batteries.
- Voice Guidance – Voice guidance ensures seamless operation of various complex functions as you move through the menu, and includes an online text manual for the visually impaired.
Olympus DM-620 Additional Features
- Scene Selection Playback: Automatically adjust recording to your environment with the scene selection playback function.
- Variable Control Voice Actuator: Built-in VCVA (Variable Control Voice Actuator) is another hands-free function that adds ease and practicality.
- Workflow Management: Easy-to-use Olympus Sonority editing software for sound editing, file manage and podcast management, compatible with PC and MAC computers.
- Large Memory: The DM-620 has 4GB of internal memory. The audio device features a removable microSD card slot to further expand recording capacity up to 32GB.
- Great Clarity: The powered stereo microphone offers great record clarity from up to 10 feet away. With standardized recording file formats, MP3 and WMA, the device is perfect for users that may need to burn audio files to a disc or share recordings. The unit prevents file tampering (file editing), interruption and accidental deletion.
- Transcription Folders: The DM-620 recorder can categorically classify and store recording in any of the 5 different folders that can be programmed on the recorder. Each folder can store up to 999 messages per folder.
- Easy to Use: Centralized navigation buttons for easy data input and settings.
- USB Connectivity: The DM-620 connects with MACs and PCs via USB.
- Low Cut Filer: The Low Cut Filter minimizes air conditioner noise and other similar noises while recording.
- Index: Index mark and temporary mark features allows you to quickly find desired locations.
- Variable Playback: Variable playback speed can be controlled as preferred. Choose from four playback functions: Repeat, Skip, Fast and Slow.
- Noise Reduction: Noise Cancel Function and Voice Filter Function cut noise and enable clear audio playback.
- Olympus DM-620 Digital Voice Recorder
- (2) Olympus Ni-MH AAA rechargeable batteries
- Stereo Headphones
- USB Cable with Strap
- Carrying Case with Detachable strap
- Olympus Sonority Software
- Olympus DM-620 User Manual
- Quick Start Guide