This is a Windows error when it is looking for a removable drive (recorder) that has usually either been removed without using the USBSafely Remove Hardware option and/or a drive letter conflict. This can be fixed by changing the drive letter of the recorder and when undocking use theSafely Remove Hardware USB icon in the system tray.
Step 1 Open the Disk Management Control Panel
1. On your desktop, right click My Computer and chooseManage as illustrated below.
2. In the Computer Management window, chooseDisk Management as illustrated below.
Step 2 Change the drive letter of the recorder
1. Wait for the right hand side of the window to show up properly, it may take a few seconds as illustrated below.
2. Right click on the recorder and selectChange Drive Letter and Paths… as illustrated below.
3. SelectChange and select a drive letter as illustrated below.
4. If a Disk Management Warning window opens, clickYes.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the drive letter to your recorder. When you remove the recorder be sure to use theSafely Remove Hardware USB icon in the system tray. Kick the tires and give it a spin!
Verification Source: Microsoft Knowledgebase and In-house testing
Test Date: 03-06-12